August 25, 2010
The best laid plans...
sometimes actually work out! Shocking right?? At the beginning of this pregnancy I vowed to try to really enjoy the here and now and not just look forward to the next step all the time. I think I have really done that, I have truly enjoyed this pregnancy and here I am at 37 weeks and not ready for it to end. I want to hold him on the inside longer, feel him move and keep him safe with me. I'm sure it helps that I'm not super uncomfortable, haven't gained much weight (+9 lbs) and am in general feeling really good, but I'd also like to think that the way I'm feeling has a little to do with my attitude towards the end of all this. I'm okay if he's late, I'm in no hurry, he can come when he's ready. It's just so bittersweet, I don't want it to end. Though with that end is a new beginning and oh, the possibilities!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am feeling the same way. This is more than likely my last pregnancy and I am just trying to enjoy every part of it. I am a week behind you, so 36 weeks. I crack up every time someone ask me how much longer to go. With my first son I would say, "Uggh, FOUR weeks, I cannot wait to have him here!" and now I say, "Only 4 weeks to go." The mindset is totally different.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you have been able to enjoy it more! :)
ReplyDelete