June 7, 2010

One of those days...

Right after I turned 21 (which is also right after I got engaged) my dad died unexpectedly. I was on a cruise getting engaged and he was dying and I didnt know. By the time we docked and I found out he was in a coma and I never got to tell him I said yes (DH asked him for my hand a few weeks prior) and I never got to say goodbye.

Some days Im okay with all this and other days, like today, Im SO angry. It'll be 4 years this month and I am still so angry/sad about it. Time really does help and is really the only thing that has helped ease the pain, but I miss him. So much. I wish he could have walked me down the aisle, and I SO wish he could have met his grandson's and gotten to know DH better. He would have been such an awesome grandpa and I feel like we got totally cheated. I guess there is no point to this post but to just say that today, Im really, really missing my dad.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Sandy. There truly are no words for pain like that. Praying that time will heal your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a long time reader first time commenter, I just wanted to give you a big e-hug and tell you, how sorry I am. I lost my dad to Cancer less than a year after I got married, just about 2.5 yrs ago. So, while he was there for the wedding, he wont be there for a lot of other important things in my life. He never got to meet my son (or any other kids) he wont see me graduate from college, he didn't get to know my hubs.
    It's not fair, and I have those days too, where I have a hard time getting out of bed because I can't face someone saying "hi, how are you today?" because I can't lie and say "fine".

    Sorry to ramble, I just don't get to talk about him often anymore, and it hurts when I know someone else is hurting too. I'll say a special prayer for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete