We have had SO much going on, and SO many changes lately my blog has been completely neglected. I hate when that happens because then I have a lot I want to say and document and share and I forget half of it and the other half just gets condensed. So Im going to just try to get it all out and not leave to much out while doing so. :0)
What's the biggest change might you ask?? I mean I just had a baby, and I have a toddler- that's pretty big in itself so what could be bigger? We moved to Colorado! Yup, that was quick.
Jason had a job interview when Lance was 3 weeks (maybe 4 weeks) old, he came up for an interview and a few days later had a job offer. He accepted and his start date was 15 days later!! We had to get the house on the market, and the house packed up with a toddler and an infant and move to another state in 2 weeks. It sucked. We hired movers to pack the PODS for us, that was such a help but a pretty penny too. Though I know we just couldnt have done it ourselves. Even without the kids in the picture, some of our furniture is just to heavy for just the two of to have handled.
We are staying with a friend up here until our house sells, all our stuff is packed into PODS and in storage until we can get our own place again. We just cant afford our mortgage in NM, and rent up here. It's just not possible. Living with someone else without most of your things is really hard. REALLY hard. We have a curious, crazy toddler and an infant. Need I say more?? Add on the fact that the friend we are staying with is a 30 year old bachelor who doesnt have kids, or any experience with kids and we're in a tight spot. He just has such unrealistic expectations of the kids, especially Ethan. We're working on it though and it is getting better so that is good.
Ethan is doing fantastic, no lashing out and even a transition period that I could identify. To him it seemed like nothing changed, like we didnt move, like everything was the same. As long as he had us and a bed and a few things he recognized, he was all good. The kid is amazing.
Lance is doing awesome as well. Still sleeping through the night 8-9 hours typically and happy as can be. He is giggling now and it. is. SO. CUTE!! He is just so dang happy it swells me with so much pride it hurts. He's so perfect, and gorgous, and sweet, and wonderful, and... well he's everything, absolutely everything to me!
Ethan is still doing great with Lance too, still no jealously or anything like that, he loves his bother. He loves kissing on him and telling me what Lance is doing and trying to make him smile. I cant believe how incrediably lucky I am. I have two perfect sons, two perfectly happy, loving and beautiful sons. How awesome is that?!
I'll take your word for it, sounds like a whirlwind past couple months! What part of Colorado did you move to? I live up in Winter Park, about an hour and a half north west of Denver. If you ever want to talk feel free to e-mail me rachel.hawkins@yahoo.com or check out my blog. http://bandrplus1.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteWe are in Littleton right now :0)
ReplyDelete