December 15, 2009
Wow.
We went to the mountains to spent the weekend with my mom. We left Thursday and got back last night. It was a great time except one thing... I was getting ready to give Ethan a bath and he was standing next to me as I temped the water. He started headbanging (he does this a LOT) because he was excited to get in and hit his face on the side of the tub and broke out half of his front tooth. I freaking feel HORRIBLE. He barely cried, but I lost it. I cant believe that happened to him and two inches from me. I feel like the worst mother EVER. So today we took him to the pediatric dentist and he said E's teeth are really loose (both fronts) and that he broke off two layers off tooth and barely missed the nerve. So we have to go back in two weeks to see if the teeth are healing (getting less loose) if not one or both have to be extracted. If they do heal then he has to have the chipped tooth filled in and molded so when he grows the nerve doesnt become exposed. This is SO emotionally exhausting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so sorry! I know how that feels, James fell down and hit his tooth into his toy and chipped it (just barley thank God). We had to not let him bite into anything for a month to make sure no damage was done. Hang in there :(
ReplyDelete