We have four dogs (I know we're insane) so normal years vaccinations coming up- $51 ea. $204 total. We took Tiki to the vet last night and she has planus as well as an ulcer in her eye and one forming in her other eye- $45 office visit, $62 eye drops
We also had Zoey checked because she's now peeing in her sleep and is incontinent, she's 2. They want to do a UA on her, so needle urine collection and a urine analysis for her to start. Just the testing, about $300. OMG help me, the total is around $700. That's not including any more meds for either of the little dogs (which they'll need), and assuming there with be NO more complications with Tiki's eye's and nothing more needed for Zoey (unlikely).and $26 corneal stain- Total last night- $145. She has to go back in a week for a follow up (another $45) and if the ulcer hasn't got significantly better or is not gone we're off the the canine eye Dr. ($$$$$$)
When it rains it POURS.
Soo, it's been a week. And the doggie verdict? Tiki's ulcer is looking better but not gone, so we're still doing the $62 a bottle eye drop every four hours, this dog is going to kill me (bank and sanity!). We are to keep this up ohhh say about a month and go back and have another look. Zoey is now on hormone replacement therapy... omg, I never thought I'd say that about a dog, let alone pay for it. Please let this make her stop peeing on everything in her sleep. Jason is thisclose to taking her out... and I'm not talking outside. Whew, this is exhausting!
I'm telling you Sandy...look into Petsmart's Wellness Plans...
ReplyDelete