June 29, 2009

My goal this time...

Is to not rush things and truly enjoy it all. With Ethan I was so excited for the next step, once we got there I barely took time to enjoy it till I couldn't wait for the next big thing! This could be the last time I'm ever 3 weeks pregnant, (4 tomorrow!) and I want to just enjoy each day for what it is. I want 3 kids, Jason thinks he wants only 2, so only time will tell if this is indeed my last pregnancy. I'm not saying that I won't look forward to the 2nd trimester, or movement, or showing or any of those wonderful things, but I don't want to be fixated and stuck in the "I can't wait for X" mode, I want to be about the here and now!
More importantly though, I want to enjoy every. single. second. I have alone with Ethan, this is such a special time and I want to freeze time and just hold him... if he'll let me! I worry how this will all affect him, but I believe that just knowing we are going to have to be extra sensitive to his needs and shower extra love on him once this baby gets closer and after s/he arrives will help him the most. I think he'll do awesome and we're just over thinking everything, like usual.

In other news- Ethan walked half way across the living room today before sitting down and crawling the rest of the way to me! I cried, haha!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great goal. I think a lot of people forget to enjoy today, because we're too busy planning tomorrow. Congrats!!! Ethan's going to be a great big brother and love his sibling so much. My sister is about 18 months younger than me and we're best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same place right now. My son is two weeks older than Ethan, and I am now 6 weeks pregnant. I go from ecstatic to sad in no time. I feel like we may be taking away some of Brock's babyhood but then I remember we are giving him the best gift ever- a sibling.
    I am trying to enjoy this pregnancy as well, as it will more than likely be my last.

    ReplyDelete