July 16, 2009

Numb

My midwife finally called me back, second draw numbers are 774, first was 655. Definitely not doubling. She said she was sorry but this would "most likely not result in a baby," I'm totally devastated. I immediately started crying, I was feeding Ethan at the time when the call came in, and him seeing me cry really upset him and he started crying too and refused to eat anymore. I feel awful for upsetting him.
She said we pretty much have two options, wait till next week (when my original appt was) and do an ultrasound and see 'if the numbers lie' and just make sure things are as suspected, or to start meds now to cause a miscarriage. I'm going to wait and pray for a miracle. I need to know for sure before taking the meds. If I have to m/c I'd rather do it naturally. But right now I'm holding onto a tiny sliver of hope that the u/s will show us a true miracle, I know the odds are way agaisnt me, but it's all I have right now.

16 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Sandy! Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry Sandy! I wish there was something I could do or say to make it feel better. I think you are definitely doing the right thing by waiting. I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers. Let me know if I can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Sandy! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I am so sorry. I went through this with my ectopic. I hope it is not that. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((hugs))) You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sandy, I hope that the numbers are truly lying. I will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry Sandy :( I'll keep you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sandy, i'm so so very sorry hun. huge hugs. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. sandy, i am so so sorry you have to go through this. let me know if there's anything I can do, if you need to talk or whatver you know how to reach me.

    Praying for a miracle. never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy I'm so, so sorry you are going through this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, I also think you made the right decision to wait and see how things look next week. Hang in there little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry, Sandy. We also made the decision to wait follow our m/c and to this day I am still glad we did. It left no doubts in our minds at all. I am praying for you guys every day and hope you end up with a very, very different outcome.

    Hang in there <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im crossing all my fingers and my toes for you. And Im praying hard! Hang in there sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandy, I'm so sorry! Lots of hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really hope you have a little miracle! I'll definitely be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete