Yup! That's me! Before I got pregnant I was a size 4 some brands a size 5. With Ethan I gained 13 pounds and was all belly!

(2 days before I delivered)
I lost all that "baby weight" while still at the hospital, and within the first week 25 pounds were gone. From there I have been steadily losing weight and am now 35 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight, my size 2's fall off with a slight tug, so I guess I'm currently a size 0! So strange! Now while this may seem like the most awesome thing ever it actually worries me. I went to my midwife and brought up my concerns and now have orders to have my thyroid checked to be sure I don't have postpartum hypo-thyroid, hopefully not the case!
I attribute a lot of this to breastfeeding, although it may not seem like it, making milk is hard work! Now that Ethan is nursing a little less often my weight loss has tapered off, which is good. I just can't believe how many calories are burned sitting and do nothing but lactating, it's so amazing.

Here's a picture of my little milk monster a few days after he was born. I exclusively pumped for him until he was 9 weeks old, he had some serious latch issues and couldn't nurse until that point. After that victory was a few weeks of working on it and perfecting everything, now he's exclusively breastfed, with the exception of one bottle of EP'd milk Jason feeds him! (Even though it totally sucked to pump, it was so helpful for DH to be able to feed him as well during those first few weeks!)
I'm just so excited to feel back to normal! With the exception of the occasional aches and pains from lugging a growing baby around all the time I feel great! It's amazing how much your body can go through and how much it can change and bounce back all within one year! I'm in total awe, women are amazing!


(2 days before I delivered)
I lost all that "baby weight" while still at the hospital, and within the first week 25 pounds were gone. From there I have been steadily losing weight and am now 35 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight, my size 2's fall off with a slight tug, so I guess I'm currently a size 0! So strange! Now while this may seem like the most awesome thing ever it actually worries me. I went to my midwife and brought up my concerns and now have orders to have my thyroid checked to be sure I don't have postpartum hypo-thyroid, hopefully not the case!
I attribute a lot of this to breastfeeding, although it may not seem like it, making milk is hard work! Now that Ethan is nursing a little less often my weight loss has tapered off, which is good. I just can't believe how many calories are burned sitting and do nothing but lactating, it's so amazing.

Here's a picture of my little milk monster a few days after he was born. I exclusively pumped for him until he was 9 weeks old, he had some serious latch issues and couldn't nurse until that point. After that victory was a few weeks of working on it and perfecting everything, now he's exclusively breastfed, with the exception of one bottle of EP'd milk Jason feeds him! (Even though it totally sucked to pump, it was so helpful for DH to be able to feed him as well during those first few weeks!)
I'm just so excited to feel back to normal! With the exception of the occasional aches and pains from lugging a growing baby around all the time I feel great! It's amazing how much your body can go through and how much it can change and bounce back all within one year! I'm in total awe, women are amazing!
"Don't be afraid to be amazing."
No comments:
Post a Comment