April 9, 2009

My baby is sunburnt :0(

9/27/08
I went and helped my sister with her yard sale yesterday and I took Ethan. He was in the shade the ENTIRE time though somehow he still got a sunburn on his little face (he had a hat on the whole time too, so its just on his cheeks and nose)
Yesterday when I got home I noticed he was a little pink, then by his bath he was red. It doesn't seem to bother him at all though. This morning its not as red but his face, mostly under his eyes are swollen. Ive been trying to keep it moisturized with his lotion cause I dont know what else is safe. Also after he eats (I BF) I rub what he dribbles on his cheeks. (I hear BM is a cure-all, LOL) When I went in his room this morning to get him out of his crib, he looked totally different! It was so weird! Though he was happy as could be! He is now sitting next to me laughing, smiling and playing with his burp cloth. Thank God it doesn't seem to bother him.
I feel like SUCH an awful mother though, like I failed him. I took him, put him in long pants and socks, a hat with full brim and in his stroller with the cover out the whole time, and he was in the shade and somehow this still happened. I'm so glad he doesn't seem in pain, but still I feel SO guilty.


Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment