April 9, 2009

Brace yourselves!! It's going to be a long one!

11/8/08
I'm going to attempt to recap my trip back home and share a ton of pictures!
Jason, Ethan and myself went to the mountains to visit my mom and step dad for a while. We went in separate cars because Jason was going to leave after a few days to go hunting with his brother (his brother got a deer, he didn't) and I was going to stay with my mom while he was gone so I didnt have to be alone the whole time and care for Ethan all by myself for over a week!
For the few days that Jason was there we just hung out together, went to town, walked around and just relaxed. We also made dinner for my parents which was nice!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ethan and daddy spending some special time together before he left for his trip!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The day before Halloween Jason had to leave to meet his brother to go hunting, so we were on our own! That night we hung out with my mom and step dad. I made an awesome Zuppa which neither of them had ever tried! They really liked it even though we couldn't find the kale to finish it off in my small home town. Ethan spent much of the evening smiling and laughing, completely loving his jumperoo!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He also wanted to sit on the couch like a big boy and show off his Daddy's Helper romper and he ended up just putting on a cute show for everyone! I have such an unbelievably happy baby!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

~HALLOWEEN~
Well the plan all along for Halloween was to go to mid-town and walk through the shops with Ethan in his lion costume. Halloween is typically the time of our first snow so I bought footed sleepers and long sleeve shirts to go under his already warm suit to keep him cozy for the walk. Well when the time came the weather was soo wrong! It was soo hot! I couldn't take him out that way. My mom works at the hospital so we just took him down there and dressed him up to show him off to her friends and co-workers, she was absolutely beaming!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After that we went to the salon where I cut 12 inches off of my hair! It is so short now! I really like it, though I am surprised that short hair is far more work than long hair. Also short hair gets waay worse bed head! Ha! Though I really do like it. (Sorry, I don't have any pics of my hair because I haven't learned how to style it right yet!)
When we got home we carved our pumpkins making sure to save the seeds so we could soak and bake them. Homemade pumpkin seeds are the best!

Photobucket

My mom and step dad's pumpkins.

Photobucket

Jason, Ethan and my pumpkin family!

Photobucket

The next day my mom and I decided that we needed to "go down the hill" to another town where much of my family lives. I hadn't seen any of them since I announced I was pregnant more than a year ago. We took Ethan down to meet my grandparents, brother, great aunt and some cousins! It went great! They all loved him and he was sooo good though with the time change and everything Ethan's schedule got really screwed up and he had (and still is) having a hard time adjusting to it. That made for a fussy baby in the end. So we said our goodbye's and headed back up to mom's. It was so nice to see everyone!

Photobucket

Meeting my brother Joey for the first time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Meeting my grandma and grandpa, they thought he was the best thing since sliced bread!

Photobucket

Ethan and my Great Aunt Wynn

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ethan and I listening to my aunt tell childhood stories.

I had an absolutely wonderful time at my mom's! While so much more happened than I wrote about (like me getting sick for 3 days and only getting 5 hours sleep stretched over those days... ick) I think I've hit all the highlights! I wish we could go more often but traveling with a baby for a lengthy period of time is like traveling with the circus. We brought 2 cars, and thank goodness because everything just for Ethan wouldn't have fit into only one! Insane!

"Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to."

No comments:

Post a Comment