April 11, 2009

Biopsy Done

It was a total surprise. I went the the dermatologist last Tuesday (a mayo clinic Dr) for some bumps Ive had on my hands, I thought she'd take one look, tell me what it is and I'd be on my way. She has NO freakin' clue what's going on with me. She said it's very rare to have a presentation like mine that doesn't itch. She took a biopsy out of my hand and it hurt like farking hell. She first dug around in my hand with a needle to numb it, that was the past that HURT, hurt, hurt. Then (I'm a pansy, so I don't look) Jason starts saying, "don't look now, oh, OH, oh Sandy, DON'T. LOOK. NOW.!!" I'm not looking! Shut up!! So then after was all said and done and I had my juice and ice pack from almost passing out (Did I mention I'm a pansy??) I asked Jason what she did. He said she took out a long straight razor, bent it between her fingers and scooped out my skin. I'm kind of nervous, she'll have the results back in a week or two. :0(


RESULTS- April 10, 2009
I just got off the phone with my dermatologist, they got my biopsy results back- I have Lichen Planus, an autoimmune disease. There's no real treatment but they say topical steroids may make it go away for awhile. It's not contagious and its not dangerous to my health or anything. So I guess that is good news. I only have it on my hands so that's good too. Apparently you can have it in your mouth, hair (head) and genitals. Um, no thanks. My hands are bad enough!
The weird thing is when I looked it up on-line with the American Dermatology Academy, and how they say it presents, and how I am are NOTHING alike, so I think I'm going to bring that up with the Dr when I see her again next month.

Are we done yet??

1 comment:

  1. oh my gracious. you poor thing that sounds awful. glad isnt not too serious...now i am off to google that...lol.

    ReplyDelete